Robert Siciliano Identity Theft Expert
Forrester Research, Inc. in Cambridge, MA is an independent research company that provides pragmatic and forward-thinking advice to global leaders in business and technology.
They released their 2010 data security predictions. Heading into 2010, they are predicting five new data security trends:
1) Enterprises will keep their data security budgets relatively flat;
2) Market penetration for data loss prevention (DLP) tools will increase even as prices fall by half;
3) Cloud data security concerns will begin to dissipate;
4) Full disk encryption will continue its steady march into the enterprise, spurred on by breach disclosure laws; and
5) Enterprises will give enterprise rights management (ERM) software a second look as an enforcement option coupled with DLP.
Information Rights Management (IRM) is a term that applies to a technology which protects sensitive information from unauthorized access. It is sometimes referred to as E-DRM, Enterprise Digital Rights Management. Sensitive data and information such as Patient records, personal tax or financial information in .PDF, XLS, .DOC, .TXT etc., needs security.
Zafesoft is a content IRM company that actively secures, controls, and tracks content wherever it is utilized; this is the next generation of content security. IRM information is secure, viewable, edit-able and transferable.
Authorized IRM content users can copy, paste, edit, save etc. The security travels with the content or portions of it with tracking anywhere in the world. Unauthorized users are never able to view, edit or copy/paste.
Forrester hit the nail on the head with rights management. When rights management is accessed by a hacker, the data is useless to the thief who hacks from the outside or gains unauthorized access from the inside.
It would be smart business for healthcare, legal, and any organization to incorporate DLP in the form of IRM now, before a breach occurs and data is lost.
Protect your identity. Invest in Intelius identity theft protection and prevention. Not all forms of identity theft protection can be prevented, but identity theft protection services can dramatically reduce your risk. (Disclosures)
Robert Siciliano Identity Theft Speaker discussing identity theft on Fox News