https://safr.me/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/small-logo-safr-me-300x98.png 0 0 Robert Siciliano https://safr.me/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/small-logo-safr-me-300x98.png Robert Siciliano2010-05-21 17:00:572010-05-21 17:00:5710 Home Security Tips You Never Thought Of
10 Home Security Tips You Never Thought Of
Ten out o the box home security tips for maximum home safety:
- Get a life-size cardboard cutout of yourself and put it a few feet away from a window that’s gives the impression someone is always home.
- Get another life-size cutout of you lying on the couch watching TV and keep the TV on while you are gone.
- Find a Talk AM radio station and keep it on LOUD all day and night while you are gone.
- Plant defensive shrubs or thorny bushes around basement or ground-floor windows that make it difficult for the bad guy to get through.
- Buy and install a “This Property is Protected with VIDEO SURVEILANCE” sign.
- Get 2 big dog food bowls and write KILLER on them and put them on your front and back porch.
- Whenever you leave the home turn phone ringers down or off so the bad guy won’t hear ringing and ringing and ringing when you’re not home.
- Set your answering machine to say “Sorrry I can’t answer the phone right now, I’m busy cleaning my guns, leave a message and I’ll call you back once they are all loaded again.”
- Pick up a home alarm that senses when someone jiggles your door handles. These alarms will send off a siren or they will play a recording of a barking dog.
- Get out and buy, then install “POLICE CRIME SCENE DO NOT CROSS” tape on your front and back door or porch giving the impression something bad has happened. Not only will your neighbors pay serious attention to it, they’ll most likely call you and you can tell them to watch your house. Plus any bad guys will steer clear of your home.
Robert Siciliano personal security expert to Home Security Source discussing Home Invasions on Montel Williams.
LOL. I really like your tips. It seems funny but I know that these simple procedures will be very helpful. You won’t need those expensive, sophisticated security systems anymore if the point to keep those burglars away is to let them know that the house is untouchable and will never be empty of people or vicious pets, for that matter. Thanks!