The uber rich have many reasons to invest in uber security. I met a woman who won a $300 million lottery, and she had some unfortunate stories about how low people go to get at and to moneyed individuals. So to protect life and limb, the uber class invest in:
- Safe rooms: These include not just bulletproof but bombproof glass, walls, ceilings and floors. But for the ubers, it’s a “safe core” that includes bedrooms, bathrooms, a cooking area and food, and other necessities needed for survival for a week or more.
- Pepper fog: Sure, you can grab a can of pepper spray and douse your home invaders, but how about outfitting your home with a sprinkler system-like pepper fog that can be accessed via an app?
- NBC shelter: A nuclear, biological and chemical (NBC) shelter can be 20 feet or more underground and is designed to keep a family alive for months with all the necessary supplies, including oxygen.
- Mega control room: Security cameras for a residential installation are around $100-$200 apiece, more or less. But for the uber rich, they invest in pan-tilt zoom cameras that pick up body heat, incorporate facial recognition, and eventually will be able to predict what people will do next based on their body language.
- Helipad: If you need a quick escape from an imminent home invasion, why not install a helipad on your roof?
It’s beginning to sound like it’s much too complicated to be uber rich. But heck, I’d be happy to give it a whirl! Wouldn’t you?