Gee, if your home is connected to lots of different devices, doesn’t it make sense that your cybersecurity integrates all your connected devices? Meet the Bitdefender BOX, a network bulletproofing hardware cybersecurity tool for the home that embraces smart home protection focusing on the Internet of Things with remote device management offering next generation privacy protection.
- One complete security solution for connected homes
- Sets up to a router
- Is controlled by the user’s mobile device and hence, can be controlled anywhere
- Everything is protected: not just your computer, but all of your connected devices, like your baby monitor, TV, thermostat, garage door opener and house alarm system. You name it; it’s protected from hackers.
- BOX works with an annual subscription much like most cyber security “security as a service” technologies.
- Easy Setup. Just plug and play.
- Advanced Threat Protection. In and outside your home network. You’re safe on the go as well!
- Management and Control. All available in one app, at your fingertips, anywhere you are.
So, protection from hackers means that you can have peace of mind knowing that BOX is warding off attempts at ID theft, fraudulent activities, cyber snooping and other threats.
All you need to do is connect BOX to your router via one of its ethernet ports. Then get the BOX application going. Its user friendly and you just follow its easy instruction: all of a few minutes’ worth. BOX then goes to work to intercept cyber threats at the network level. And all from just one app.
So yes, you need a smartphone (Android or iOS) to take advantage of BOX. If you’ve been on the fence about getting a mobile device, move out of your cave, junk your Pinto, cut your mullet, and get the BOX.
Think of how great it would be to be alerted of network events through this does-it-all application that you can control no matter where you’re located. This means you can control all of your connected devices.
One of BOX’s features is the Private Line. This protects your Internet browsing experience, including making you anonymous. Other features:
- Protection against hacking attempts including lures to malicious sites.
- Protection against viruses, malware including downloads, phishing, etc.
- Protection against anyone wanting to pry open your files and see what’s in them or steal them.
- Protection occurs even when you’re using public Wi-Fi, such as at a hotel, airport or coffee house!
Who needs BOX?
Everyone who has connected devices at home and uses the Internet. This is like asking, who needs a lock on their home’s door? Anyone who lives in a home.
Think about a home and home security as an example. If you’re going to have a lock, it should be a good lock, right? But the lock is only effective if you actually lock it. You also need to lock up your windows and consider a home security system. These are all “layers of protection. Well, the BOX is multiple layers of protection for protecting your online experience as well as computer files.
BOX is designed for non-techy users, so if you’re one of those people who is “not good with computers,” you’ll still find BOX’s setup and navigation quite friendly. It also helps set up password-protected Wi-Fi network does for you and you can even let guests use a secured Wi-Fi network. This post is brought to you by Bitdefender BOX.