How would you like a home security system that’s also your personal assistant? Angee Inc., a new company out of San Francisco, knows you’d like one.
- Smartphone controlled
- Has a Full HD camera with night vision.
- Learns habits of and senses presence of household members to automatically arm and disarm.
- Camera rotates 360 degrees—and does so as it detects motion; intruders will not be able to get out of view while they’re burglarizing.
- Security tags provide security of a property’s entire perimeter, so that entrance via a tagged door or window will be detected.
Furthermore, says an article on gizmag.com:
- The Angee system is portable, is powered by a battery and has local data storage.
- So if there’s a power outage, Angee will be able to keep monitoring your home for at least eight hours.
- Angee can record about an hour of high definition footage, and longer at lower quality.
- Footage can also be stored in the cloud. However, Angee can distinguish between benign activity and suspicious activity, so there shouldn’t be any useless footage time.
How can Angee tell suspicious activity from normal activity?
- It learns to recognize the movement patterns of household members. Intruders move differently.
- Burglars also enter and exit their target homes in a peculiar manner.
- If the burglar has an accomplice, there’s likely to be conversation, and Angee will detect these unfamiliar voices.
- Angee will recognize familiar people by their voice or by a Bluetooth signal that connects with their smartphone.
- If the Angee user has an iOS or Android, they will receive an alert when Angee detects suspicious activity; Angee will then stream video of this activity.
The gizmag.com article further explains that Angee can be controlled by voice commands, including recognition of vocal passwords. Angee is practically human, as it can even remind you to close windows if rain is predicted. It can also check your calendar and answer the phone. There are many ways the user can “program” Angee to behave, and Angee also gets smarter and more personalized the longer you have it in your home.
Through a Kickstarter campaign, Angee Inc., has raised over $260,000 and is still going. The unit is projected to retail at $429, and the expected delivery date is October of 2016.